Fog light switch locations...

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Fog light switch locations...

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Ok--I'm looking for good locations for mounting switches for the driving/off-road light switches. I bought some round Pilot switches with LEDs in them that look nice, but I'm thinking of places to mount them that are accessible and out of the way.

I initially thought I could put them in the console where the change dispenser is now, but I will have at least 4 switches there and I don't think it's neough room, plus I don't want to bump them and turn them on accidentally. I was considering mountint them in the console, possibly in the door for the garage door opener, but again I dont think the room is there for the 4 switches. ( Off orad lights, Fog lights, Rear mounted 55watters (I would never EVER use them for tailgaters 8) ) Plus a switch to activate the rear lights to work whenever the vehicle's reverse lights are on.

Any creative suggestions? I may just pull my Equalizer out and mount them under my Kenwood. The EQ is just there for looks as it is.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

The panel to the left of the radio by the steering column (where the blazer rear wiper switch goes and the regular cab pickup's air bag cut-off switch), on the headlight switch (where the stock fog switch is, to the right of the dome cut-out switch), or in the center consul on the drivers side below the cup holders (shouldn't get bumped by knees or feet).

BTW, where did you mount your fog lights?
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Unfortunately, I'm the one Oddball on the forum that happens to have a rear hatch and wiper to be controlled from those stock switches :D

I want them all in one location -- under my radio is looking like where it will all go.

Fog lights are going on my Safari Bar with a pair of 6 ich offroad lights. (Once Santa brings em to me -- I'm just wiring everything up in advance.)

Rear lights are mounted to the frame crossmemberbehind the bumper -- the bodylift puts the bottom of that crossmember almost flush with the bottom of the bumper.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

a lot of people seem to pull out that coin holder and put in a plate with 3 or so switches and should look something like this. Only I used little flippy covers like the us in fighter jets :P I figure if im going to be up in the clouds with the other jets :wink: , I may as well feel like im shooting something down too

[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i put my switch under the dash on the right of the steering column..no body can see it and its out of the way
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
elijah

Re:

Post by elijah »

marks10cc wrote:The panel to the left of the radio by the steering column (where the blazer rear wiper switch goes and the regular cab pickup's air bag cut-off switch), on the headlight switch (where the stock fog switch is, to the right of the dome cut-out switch), or in the center consul on the drivers side below the cup holders (shouldn't get bumped by knees or feet).

BTW, where did you mount your fog lights?
This is quite a helpful post because my friend had also is been mounting some switches but he also needed some opinions from others. I'm gonna let him read this so he would know what to do. Thanks for sharing the info.