The Bazooka is in

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

The Bazooka is in

Post by AZS10Crew »

And it sounds awesome! Nothing earth shattering or loud enough to bounce quarters on the roof, but it's definitely strong enough to notice and it shakes the rear view mirror pretty well too. Probably sounds at least as good as a single 8" would. Fits perfect behind the rear seat too. Didn't even have to strap it down since the seat back presses it solidly against the back of the cab and the floor. Pretty good for a 6.5" powered sub that only cost $200! :thumb:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

wow, i thought about doing that. so it was 200 and that was it. since it is powered, you didnt have to purchase an amp? how did you hook it up?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Did you have to remove the jack or is it on the drivers side? Is it harder to close the rear seat back now? The powered sub has a built in amp which is nice cause it will take less space than a separate amp and tube. Looks like I have another mod to do. Thanks guys! :x

Cheers,

Con :lol:
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I got it online from a place called Beach Audio. It was $212 and then $5 for UPS ground shipping. I got it in just over a week. It's basically just plug and play. All you really need to buy is about 15-20 ft of power wire (at least 12 gauge...I used some left over 8 gauge that I had from my old setup), and an RCA cable if you have an aftermarket head unit. If you have the stock head unit, it has high level inputs also so you can just splice off your speakers. This would be harder in ours because the rears are in the doors. It also has different options for amp turn-on...it can detect when an input signal is present and turn itself on, or it can use a more conventional turn on lead from the fuse panel or a power antenna lead. It has adjustable gain and low pass crossover (50Hz - 250Hz I think) and has tha capability to add a wired bass controller that can be mounted under the dash to adjust the gain "on the fly" so to speak.

Fit was no problem...it sat right behind the rear seat on the drivers side. No jack removal was necessary, but I've taken the jack out anyway because I'm storing some jumper cables, Fix-A-Flat, flashlight, windshield sun shade (necessity in AZ!), etc. back there. The mounting bracket for the jack is a perfect place to attach the amp's ground wire too. It comes with nylon straps and brackets to mount it to the floor, but when I latched the seat back in place, I tried to move it and it wasn't going anywhere, so I didn't waste time strapping it down.

Hooking it up was a breeze...it took me about 2 hours (most of which was routing the power wire). It comes with harnesses to splice all the necessary wires into that just plug into the amp portion of the sub, as well as an inline fuse for the power wire.

Here's the link to the site where I bought it...

http://store.yahoo.com/beachaudio/rs6ahp.html

I'll try and get some pics this weekend, as well as some of my truck, and maybe get a page put together here on the site.
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Very Cool. I was in Radio Shack a few weeks ago and that store had Pioneer truck boxes but were a tad too tall to fit on the drivers side. I think the gas tank is below the hump on the drivers side. I'll look into the tube now.

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: The Bazooka is in

Post by HenryJ »

AZS10Crew wrote:And it sounds awesome! Nothing earth shattering or loud enough to bounce quarters on the roof, but it's definitely strong enough to notice and it shakes the rear view mirror pretty well too. Probably sounds at least as good as a single 8" would. Fits perfect behind the rear seat too. Didn't even have to strap it down since the seat back presses it solidly against the back of the cab and the floor. ...
Just had to revive this thread :D

The Bazooka tube is now riding in my truck and I have to agree with everything said above :thumb:

If you're looking for a simple install, everything in one package way to add a sub for some extra bass this is it.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

double 8 box?

Post by KCustom »

would anyone be interested in a molded double 8 enclosure...I have a design done (been done for several months) It is designed for two Kicker CVRs' or will work with any round woofer that is less that 4.75" deep...
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

A note on splicing into the rear speakers, you can put the cover off the bottom of the B-pillar (the one between the front door and back door, to reveal several sets of wires wrapped in electrical tape (about 1/3 to 1/2 way up the pillar). Just look for the set with only two wires in it. I can't remember the exact GM colors, but those are the speaker wires.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

wamason wrote:A note on splicing into the rear speakers, you can put the cover off the bottom of the B-pillar (the one between the front door and back door, to reveal several sets of wires wrapped in electrical tape (about 1/3 to 1/2 way up the pillar). Just look for the set with only two wires in it. I can't remember the exact GM colors, but those are the speaker wires.
That's what I did :D The wires were blue and brown , I think? Lt. blue on one side and dark blue on the other?
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

colors...

Post by KCustom »

Colors should be yellow and brown on one side and dark blue and light blue on the other.....
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: colors...

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:Colors should be yellow and brown on one side and dark blue and light blue on the other.....
:thumb: Thanks.

Isn't it the hair that is supposed to go first, not the memory? Dunno, I can remember that either ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

another thread from the dead :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

I have a question for HenryJ about the bazooka install. What was the easiest way to run power from the battery to behind the backseat? I'm thinking about getting 2 6.5" bazookas :mrgreen: to put behind the backseat and I was just curious to see how you guys routed the power cable.

Once again, thanks for any help! :thumb:
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
Single 6.5" Bazooka behind the backseat[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

1337vending wrote:... What was the easiest way to run power from the battery to behind the backseat?
I ran mine from the tube...
...under the jack cover, through the sill plates to the front passenger side kick panel...
...along the frame to the top post on the battery...
The resettable 100 amp breaker is for my removable winch, and The other wire with an inline fuse is for the amp in the Bazooka tube.
Last edited by HenryJ on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

Thanks a lot for the pictures HenryJ! :thumb:
I'll be getting the subs soon, so ill let you know how it goes.
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

henry,,,,what amp is your bazooka????
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

top_sgt wrote:...what amp is your bazooka?
I am audio illiterate concerning todays systems, but here is what I can give you from the installation manual:
RS6A-hp
6.5" woofer , 1" highpower/high temp voice coil, 20 oz. magnet, 30-250 hz frequency response, 100 db effciency, 150 watts power handling, dimensions 18.325"x6.75"x8", weight 15lbs., impedance 4 ohms

- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

top_sgt wrote:henry,,,,what amp is your bazooka????
It's a built-in amp...one piece system.
[size=75]Mark
apcrews10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

2 Bazookas

Post by apcrews10 »

I am planning on installing 2 Bazookas. I am removing my jack and putting in a box made by Delta that fits right around the wheel hump in the bed.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Look on Ebay and see if you can find a Bazooka RS series. They were the top of the line a year or two ago. They can sometimes be found cheaper than the newest generation of Bazookas, and some have intergrated amps that work very well. A pair of powered RS8's sound very good in an X-cab truck, or a car, and would rock if you can find a way to fit them into a CC.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

just bought an 8" with built in amp for 90 bucks couldnt pass it up new in the box now where the hell to put it in my truck :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:just bought an 8" with built in amp for 90 bucks couldnt pass it up new in the box now where the hell to put it in my truck :)
I too, just got one of those for my wifes Cavalier (Walmart). They are 50 watt instead of the 100 watt that the 6.5's have, so it doesn't hit quite as hard, but does add a nice thump to her system :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

if im not happy with it I will put it in my wifes Jeep and buy 2 6/12s for behind the seat . Right now I have 1 8in box sitting on the floor in the back not many people ride with me so its not usually in the way
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:if im not happy with it I will put it in my wifes Jeep and buy 2 6/12s for behind the seat .
I am really happy with what the 6.5 adds to my stock system.
Ditch the jack and two could easily be added. I have Ham and FRS radios taking up the remaining room back there-

Last edited by HenryJ on Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I would really like to JAM the 8in behind the seat :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:I would really like to JAM the 8in behind the seat :)
Not a chance. The 6.5" is tight.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

i was wondering about the 8"...now i know...have to find a 6.5" amped unit for mine!!!!!! :)
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

HenryJ, Do you think that you could put 2 of the 6.5" subs on top of each other behind the back seat? Or is there not enough room..

I still havent gotten around to buying and installing those subs :cry:

Future mods:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

1337vending wrote:HenryJ, Do you think that you could put 2 of the 6.5" subs on top of each other behind the back seat?
Not enough room. It has to be all the way at the bottom and even then takes a little squeezing to latch the seat.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Swoosh

Post by Swoosh »

You guys may want to try adding a Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub behind the seat. That's what I did in my CC. It comes with everything you need for the installation and can be had for about $200 brand new on Ebay. I'll post pics of the finished job if anyone is interested. I really like how it sounds and am thinking of adding a second one. It houses one 6 1/2" sub and one 6 1/2" passive radiator. Keep in mind that since it's only a 6 1/2" that it will struggle to produce any thing below 35-40Hz.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

got her in today and sounds great for an 8" but it is a bit larger then I thought it would be so its on the back floor in the middle :) but it does thumpreally brings out the XM radio for 90 bucks I would do it again.
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

jeff....where did you get your bazooka????
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

top_sgt wrote:jeff....where did you get your bazooka????
HenryJ wrote:
jeff024 wrote:just bought an 8" with built in amp for 90 bucks couldnt pass it up new in the box...
I too, just got one of those for my wifes Cavalier (Walmart).

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Ebay new in the box never opened
JEFFB

Post by JEFFB »

anyone no where I can get a wiring harness for the 8in amped tube?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

:bump:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

1-800-THE TUBE , tech@bazooka.com , www.bazooka.com , 15049 Florida Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA. 70819

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

tnks
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

ordered the harness this morning from Crutchfield, they have a online chat I spoke to there rep and he had me call him to place the order. That place is great
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

jeff024 wrote:ordered the harness this morning from Crutchfield, they have a online chat I spoke to there rep and he had me call him to place the order. That place is great

Do you have the part number for the harness? Are you running the stock radio in your CC?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

its the harness that comes with the tube not the 1 that you can connect to your radio I got the tube off ebay cheap just had no harness, I will now have 2 8in amped tubes in my truck and if im not happy with it 1 will go in the wifes jeep.

and no I didnt get a part # I just called and Oscar know exactly what I was after
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Finally got the right harness off crutchfield now both 8in amped tubes are in my truck it may be a bit much for such a small space :)