GM data wrote:Compressor Clutch Plate and Hub Assembly Removal HT6/HD6/HU6
* Tools Required J 34992 Compressor Holding Fixture
* J 33013-B Hub and Drive Plate Remover/Installer
1. Clamp the J 34992 in a vise.
2. Use thumb screws in order to attach the compressor to the holding fixture.
Do not drive or pound on the clutch hub or shaft. Internal damage to the compressor may result. The forcing tip on the J 33013-B remover/installer center screw must be flat or the end of the shaft/axial plate assembly will be damaged.
3. Ensure that the center screw forces the tip to thrust against the end of the shaft.
4. Thread the J 33013-B into the hub.
5. While holding the body of J 33013-B of the remover with a wrench, turn the center screw into the remover body in order to remove the clutch plate and hub assembly.
6. Remove the shaft key. Retain the shaft key for reassembly.
GM data wrote:Compressor Clutch Plate and Hub Assembly Removal V7 - Direct Mount
* Tools Required J 33013-B Hub and Drive Plate Remover/Installer
* J 33027-A Clutch Hub Holding Tool
* J 41790 A/C Compressor Holding Fixture
1. Remove the A/C compressor from the vehicle.
2. Clamp the A/C compressor holding fixture, J 41790 in a vise and attach the A/C compressor to the J 41790 .
3. Hold the clutch hub and drive plate assembly in place using the J 33027-A .
4. Remove the A/C compressor shaft nut with a 13 mm socket.
5. Thread the J 33013-B into the hub.
6. Remove the hub and drive plate assembly by turning the center screw into the body of the J 33013-B and against the A/C compressor shaft.
7. Remove the shaft key and retain for reassembly.
HenryJ wrote:Did it get hot enough to damage the seal on the compressor? If the clutch melted down the seal probably got cooked and replacing the compressor with a new assembly may be a better choice.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests