P0101 and P0113

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

P0101 and P0113

Post by Cajun »

I've been dealing with and intermittent SES light for a few months and finally a few weeks ago it came on and stayed on. I had the SES codes read at the local Autozone and P0101 and P0113 came up. After much reading on this site and many others and much testing of the mass air flow sensor I decided to simply replace it. So now I have a clean air filter, new MAF, new air temperature sensor and clean throttle body. Disconnected the battery to reset the computer and start it up and still have the SES light. The truck runs well, idles well, has good power and throttle response, runs at normal temperature. The only other clue is decreased fuel economy. On a interstate only road trip I can usually get 300 mile on a tank. My last trip was 248 miles to a tank. I'm out of ideas. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks guys!
[size=75]03 ZR5 Crew Cab[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: P0101 and P0113

Post by HenryJ »

Both seem to be voltage related codes. How's the battery, connections, alternator, etc. ? Even though connections may be tight the bolt can bottom in the battery and still leave the cable loose. Check carefully.

What condition is your precat and cat?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Cajun »

I've tested the voltage at the MAF and the air temp sensor and have 12 volts with the engine not running. I borrowed a laser temp gun to check the cat at lunch. Maybe I'll try checking the voltage with the engine running.
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Cajun »

I had time a lunch to run the engine to normal running temperature and read the inlet and outlet temps of the pre cat and the cat. The pre cat is 365 in and 415 out and the cat was 331 in and 273 out. Any thoughts?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I believe that outlet temps should be 100 degrees higher than inlet? Might be worth a look?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Cajun »

My research agrees with your 100 degree figure. Thanks!