BL Installed

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Jason
Regular
Regular

BL Installed

Post by Jason »

Just installed a 2" PA BL and 31" BFG's. Bought the BFG's used (25K miles) for $100. New tires and wheels in the spring. Looks pretty tuff, what do ya'll think?

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/vie ... &members=1
[size=75]'02 Onyx Black, 2" PA BL, 31" Dualers, 16x8 Firebird wheels, Rollpan, Clear Tails, Clear Corners, Hinged Tonneau, Smoked 3rd Brake Light, B+M Shift Plus, Air Intake, De-badged[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Awesome :D That black bowtie is a very nice touch :thumb:

Are you thinking about clear corners? :roll:

Nice truck :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Very Nice! You guys are killing me. Makes mine look even lower to the ground! :( What are you guys trying to do, force me to get a BL too?!? ;)

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Way to go man, It looks great!
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Nice, how long did it take you? did y ou have help? and did you do the gas filler tube ext?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Lee
Regular
Regular

Body lift

Post by Lee »

The body lift does look good, but I'm holding out for a suspension lift. Everybody that I've talked to about serious off-roading says that supsension lift is the way to go. I'm wondering just how much trouble it will be to modify one for a regular S-10 to fit our trucks. I know Paul has the 5" Trailmaster lift, but I was hoping to find something to get at least 6".
Jason
Regular
Regular

Post by Jason »

It took about 8 hours. I did not have to do the filler tube mod, or the 4x4 actuator move, or the pos terminal move, or the rear bumper (roll pan).. on the next one I could probably cut 2-3 hours out of the install. I followed the instructions and made sure things were cool as I put it back together. Every truck will be slightly different (manufacturing variations) so, use your judgement as to what you leave out of the instructions. I did have help from a "car guy" brother-in-law. Lee, your right about the serious off-roading.... I don't do anything like that. If you do the 5" TM is the way to go. My truck is alos leased..... the 2" BL can be removed, TM can't. You are not going to find a 6" kit, in fact I think the TM is it for real suspension lifts.
[size=75]'02 Onyx Black, 2" PA BL, 31" Dualers, 16x8 Firebird wheels, Rollpan, Clear Tails, Clear Corners, Hinged Tonneau, Smoked 3rd Brake Light, B+M Shift Plus, Air Intake, De-badged[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Jason, if you go and stretch out your truck off roading, you better watch that actuator. it will stretch and it needs slack.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Body lift

Post by a2b »

Lee wrote:The body lift does look good, but I'm holding out for a suspension lift. Everybody that I've talked to about serious off-roading says that supsension lift is the way to go. I'm wondering just how much trouble it will be to modify one for a regular S-10 to fit our trucks. I know Paul has the 5" Trailmaster lift, but I was hoping to find something to get at least 6".

Lee, Paul doesnt advise people getting the 5"TM unless you wanna cut stuff up pretty good on your truck. give it a year, i bet superlift will have a 6" by next summer.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Jason
Regular
Regular

Post by Jason »

Thanks a2b (hobie) I will watch for that. I will probably go ahead and move it when I free up some time. How are your ball joints and axles holding up with the T-bar crank?
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

well, they are doing somewhat alright. i only turned them 3x. steven turned his all the way up. i think i may have 4 turns left. so mine might have been a little too low. from the factory, you are supposed to be 6 turns from the bottom.

recently i just got the lifetime alignment, so i think i will jack it up this week, and then turn them all the way up and then back them off 3 turns, which will give me exaclty 1/2 up from what the factory is supposed to be. BTW, 3 turns=1" of lift
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

I've kept an eye on them, and they look fine. I keep them full of grease and keep the CV boots wet with Litheum grease. I hope that helps keep them longer.

I dont see a problem with cranking them up yet and I'm still not to the max, but pretty close.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
Jason
Regular
Regular

Post by Jason »

Thanks for the eedback guys. Steven, how do you pack the boots? and where do you apply he white Li grease?
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

I don't pack the boots, I just keep them wet and moist so they are plyable and wont tear. Too many times, if they tear, IT will destroy the CV joint. Best preventative maintenance is to keep them in good shape.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i do the same, after every dessert trip, or every oil change i clean them by jacking the front up, and sticking a rag in the cracks and rotating the wheel which turns the boot and cleans it good. then i spray it down with silicone
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\