body lift installed

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

body lift installed

Post by Justin »

Ok guys,

My body lift is now on. It took me 7.5 hours to complete and might I say WOW! I measured it and I got around 2.5". These trucks should come from the dealer looking like this...

I got a couple of questions though.

1). I was able to rebolt the oil lines to the oil pan...is that stretching it too much?

2) I left the brake lines unattatched to the frame..ok?

3)instead of relocating the battery and 4wd actuaotor, I left the actuator where it was (it had enough play) and I fabricated the battery tray to move the battery (it stil is held down)

4) there were a coupld of things like the front bumper brackets. Instead of adding that plate, I bent the bracket a little and just rebolted

The truck looks like it sits alot taller than 2 inches. It looks kind of stupid with the factory wheels for now and without gap guards but that will come. i will have pictures up as soon as possible

I had to take my prerunner bar off too...Im gonna have to fix that one so it can still be used.... 8)
TMABES

Post by TMABES »

Hiya

I just installed my lift today also.

The 4wd acc. and pos term bracket fit back fine with no mods on mine.

Thanks to the Home page info I didnt have to cut my tank fill port. all hoses and the ground cable worked fine.

Hmm I didnt have to do anything to my battery It connected back fine in stock location.

The Lift does help the looks alot!!
Please ignore typoes, bad puntuation and such QWERTY is a second language! :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:thumb: Glad to see you guys made it up to the ground floor from the basement :thumb:

I had to adjust the battery cables a bit (tug tug ) but they connected OK.

As for the front differential actuator, I went ahead and moved mine just in case the flexing were to stress the cable.

The brake lines shouldn't be a problem unless they vibrate and make noise, or wear, nothing a few zip ties won't fix.

My tranny lines are a bit tight too, but I don't think it will harm anything. Just make sure they don't push on the fan shroud enough to make the fan hit. When I installed the trans cooler and bigger radiator, it helped to relieve some of the pressure on the lines.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

all sounds good,

but when you start doing stuff like this alot

that acutator might give you trouble :?:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]