fitment regarding Pro comp rims

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

bagged sonoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

fitment regarding Pro comp rims

Post by bagged sonoma »

I know theres plenty of topics on wheels and backspacing/offset, but can anyone tell me if procomp rims series 1079 15x8 w 3.75 " BS will fit my CC? i'm doin the PA body lift and possibly suspension in the future. but for right now just body lift and wheels. sorry for this repetitive post topic, but i got tired of reading thru all the wheel posts.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: fitment regarding Pro comp rims

Post by HenryJ »

Not enough rear spacing for the front.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Horsehammerr wrote:I have done the Skidz Flare cuts to all 4 wheel wells, this gave me fore and aft wheel well clearance. I have cranked my Torsion bars up 1 1/2", installed 1 1/2" Daystar lift shackles on the rear and full size Bump stops off '94 full size halfton chevy pickup, solid stops front ,hollow stops rear. This has given me plenty of lift in mild driving off road to clear my 30x9.5, not sure of taller tires yet. I am also on 8x15 wheels with 3 3/4" back spacing
3 3/4" back spacing works perfect, and clears everything with simple 1 1/2" Torsion Bar crank . The only problem is you have to be a little easier on speed over bumps, dips, and jumps. Your front tires will set about 1 1/2" outside your fenders and will hit the top of the wheel wells when the fender comes down to hard. I've been running on 8x15's with 3 3/4" back spacing (BS) for 2 yrs now and thats the total of any problems with that wheel settup. :) 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
bagged sonoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by bagged sonoma »

31x10.5's would be too big for that setup then?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

bagged sonoma wrote:31x10.5's would be too big for that setup then?
Yes, unless you are ready to massage your sheet metal or your CC is purely a street machine and you have no inclined driveways.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
bagged sonoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by bagged sonoma »

got ya. thanks for the help. i'm not on here often, but this site and u guys are always a great resource. much appreciated.