Work in progress

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Rich K.
Crew
Crew

Work in progress

Post by Rich K. »

Ok, so I am just an electronics guy that figures that you guys have educated me enough to make an effort to Mod my CC.

I installed the 2" Bl, cranked the T- bars, added wheel spacers, cut the fenders, mounted the 33X9.50 BFGs, and modified the air box. If I get the picture attached then you can view where I am at and the conditions that I have been working in. I don't have a garage and this is mild compared to some of the winter weather I endured this year. What can I say, you guys inspire me. Thanks!

I didn't calculate my backspacing and that is a problem now. My 1.25 front spacers aren't enough so the rear of the front tires rub on the frame at full turn. I guess that means 2" spacers or different rims.

Still have to buy the leafs for the rear and haven't made up my mind about the shackles. Definitely want to even things out. Will have to wait for the funding $$$.
100_1668.jpg
(376.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
[size=75]Drive it in, tow it out! Thats our motto...[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Work in progress

Post by HenryJ »

Build up the stops. I run 1.25" spacers up front on stock wheels.
Your truck looks great! :thumb:
We really have to get a MML group shot going! Are we going to see you in Moab for spring break?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:............Your truck looks great! :thumb:............
I like the color!~! :mrgreen:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rich K.
Crew
Crew

Post by Rich K. »

HenryJ wrote:Build up the stops. I run 1.25" spacers up front on stock wheels.
We really have to get a MML group shot going! Are we going to see you in Moab for spring break?
I haven't searched the subject of building up the stops. Does this require some welding? I gave up on adjusting them when I looked and they didn't seem adjustable.

I think the MML group shot is a great idea. I am heading to Orlando during spring break for a " family vacation" but Moab is only a hop, skip, and a jump from here. Maybe I can steal a few days to come out. I love Moab! What are the planned dates?

Thanks for your help on S10forum while this forum was down! I was in shock until you clue'd me in on what was happening!
F9K9 wrote:I like the color!~! :mrgreen:
I have to admit that Yellow wasn't my first choice. Really, at the time it was my only choice. Having said that, it has really grown on me and I love it! It really makes us stand out... 8)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rich K. wrote:I haven't searched the subject of building up the stops. Does this require some welding?
Yes. Any shop can do it. Even a muffler shop.
What are the planned dates?
Check out the activities section. March 21-28.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

I see you are running a ZR5 and you did the Skidz cuts to your fenders. Did you know that you can do matching cuts to your ZR5 flares and put them back on ? I've done it to mine and it looks great. Fallvitals did his also along with the whole MML. 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

HenryJ wrote:Build up the stops.
What is building up the stops? :?:
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

14x4 wrote:
HenryJ wrote:Build up the stops.
What is building up the stops? :?:
Having an additional bead welded welded on your steering stops. They are located on your A arms.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

Nice CC Rich K. I have a couple of questions for you where did you get thoughs rims at, are they 15x8 and what is the offset or backspacing on them. I have been looking for new rims for my CC but i can't find anything in a 15x8 with any more than a -19 offset 3.75 backspacing. I am looking for a 0 or a + offset wheel.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

He can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe those are the first gen s-series 4x4 wheels. They have the same specifications as our stock wheels (7" wide wheel and 6" rearspacing)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
iS10

Post by iS10 »

Well first, i'm not trying to jack anyones thread, I was just wondering if anyone knows the link for the skidz cuts without the actual flares (like rick k's) i had it saved and can't seem to find it again.. :?: im a noob :shock:
Rich K.
Crew
Crew

Post by Rich K. »

MinnesotaMudder wrote:Nice CC Rich K. I have a couple of questions for you where did you get thoughs rims at, are they 15x8 and what is the offset or backspacing on them. I have been looking for new rims for my CC but i can't find anything in a 15x8 with any more than a -19 offset 3.75 backspacing. I am looking for a 0 or a + offset wheel.
Thanks! I actually got the rims from a local used rim and tire shop. They are 15X8 so I can only assume that they are not the originals like Brule pointed out although they look very similar. From what I understand, American Racing came out with these and they are often mistaken for the old stock rims. For all I know some one just put American racing hub covers in the middle and raked me for an extra hundred bucks.

I still don't honestly understand the backspacing measurements. I read up on them before, but I didn't really get it. Now that my BFGs are rubbing I at least know which direction to measure. :crazy:
Horsehammerr wrote:I see you are running a ZR5 and you did the Skidz cuts to your fenders. Did you know that you can do matching cuts to your ZR5 flares and put them back on ? I've done it to mine and it looks great. Fallvitals did his also along with the whole MML. 8)
Curse my luck. Shortly after I got my CC my right front flare came loose and lost the battle with my tire at 60 mph. Then later on I managed to crunch the left rear flare. Thus, I am flare less. :oops: We having anymore luck on fixing the skidz flare mod? Last I saw it was suggested to use rubber inserts to absorb some shock. I'd like to try something.
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

They look like the Outlaw II American Racing rim. How much of the rim stick's out from the wheel well ?
Rich K.
Crew
Crew

Post by Rich K. »

MinnesotaMudder wrote:They look like the Outlaw II American Racing rim. How much of the rim stick's out from the wheel well ?
Hey mudder... the rims are out about 1/2" out at the center of the wheel well. I have the 3" spacers on the rear and the 1 1/4 spacers on the front. The way the BFGs are set up the tread is even with the center of the well and the bulge is approx. 2" out from the center. Hope that helps.