Custom rear bumper project on the CC

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

AMBULLDOG2002
Regular
Regular

Custom rear bumper project on the CC

Post by AMBULLDOG2002 »

Just wanted to show everyone my custom rear bumper, after I did the body I decided that I wanted to raise the trailer receiver to sit under the bumper and the decided that I hated the stock bumper and felt creative, so here you go.
1316561909626.jpg
1318624760122.jpg
1320010161391.jpg
1320010185867.jpg
1320010172751.jpg
All painted up and installed, It is hard to tell but the bumper and the trailer hitch are completely separate and attached but there own brackets.
total time was around 10 hours (a lot of measure twice cut once).
I still have to fab a license plate bracket and mount some license plate lights.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Custom rear bumper project on the CC

Post by HenryJ »

Looks like you're building a late model Baja edition.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AMBULLDOG2002
Regular
Regular

Post by AMBULLDOG2002 »

Thanks again Henry, I tend to like different. I think what I'm going to go for is baja/off road mix, I hunt a lot I like the look and protection the wrap around rear bumper will give me, not to mention that if I scratch it busting through brush or anything else in my way I can just throw some paint on it and it will good as new.
I am making a set of rock sliders right now and I'll make a front bumper in the spring. I'm still looking for some idea what I want up front, tubular bumper, plate bumper, front receiver, maybe a winch I really haven't decided. Still building it in my head.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The front of these are difficult. The stock bumper hides quite a bit behind it. You might get a winch up front to hide most of the clutter? It will be fun to see what you come up with.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

Any updates?
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.