CRE Rocker Flares

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

driveroflyn274

CRE Rocker Flares

Post by driveroflyn274 »

Hey guys. I just saw these on a website while searching for mud flaps. Anyone using these? I figured it would also cover the rusting rocker panels on my truck.

http://www.realtruck.com/cre-rocker-fla ... 5897A.html
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: CRE Rocker Flares

Post by ApproachMedium »

Where was this when I was looking for mudflaps? For $157 bucks it doesnt sound like a bad deal I may pick myself up a set. Im really annoyed when the road junk gets kicked up all over my brand new bed seeing as they are rare as hens teeth anymore.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: CRE Rocker Flares

Post by LoneWolf04 »

I would be leary of how those mount to the vehicle. More than likely you pull out the body plugs on the back side of the rockers and they have an insert to put inside and they bolt to it. I myself am not keen on that personally because the rockers already have issues on these trucks rotting out, why have something attached to them and possibly speed up the process, or worse, fail and damage the rocker.

I know how cheap the aftermarket is on these things and it scares me... Hell even the tube steps I put onto my truck that mount to the body mounts, The bolts they give you to replace the factory bolts aren't even graded! The factory ones that are specifiied for the truck to hold the cab to the frame are grade 8. When I confronted the manufacturer they said no one had ever brought that to their attention, but nothing is wrong with it... Not only were the bolts not hardened they weren't coated to resist rust either. Decide to take the steps off, have fun with a broken body bolt in your cab.

Sorry for the rant, it just pisses me off that people think they know what they're talking about when they clearly don't.