Heated washer nozzles. Anyone done this mod?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Heated washer nozzles. Anyone done this mod?

Post by ApproachMedium »

I know theres quite a few people on here in cold winter climates. Has anyone tried to modify their truck to have any kind of heated washer fluid system or heated nozzles? My GTI has heated nozzles and its awesome. They never freeze up and always work when I need them. It seems now that NJ has been thru this bad cold weather spell, with the addition of snow and ice my washer nozzles have been freezing up. The way I found out this was happening was the other day I had to use the washer fluid a lot due to them over salting. About halfway home from philadelphia my washers stopped in the middle of spraying and wouldnt spray anymore. When I went to add more washer fluid when I got home thinking I had run out, I found I was still almost full! I tested my washers and they worked fine.

I seen a device that you can add to the washer fluid that keeps it heated when the car is running, I really would be just fine with heated nozzles though instead of tapping in to the whole fluid system. Anyones thought ideas and experience on this would be helpful.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Heated washer nozzles. Anyone done this mod?

Post by LoneWolf04 »

I'm sure it would be a help with clearing an icy windshield. I had heard about the systems you can add in-line with the washer system to heat the fluid up, but am not a fan of adding items that don't look "factory." After your post I did some looking around at heated washer nozzles off vehicles and it seems like it would be an easy install. Might shoot an email to a few people on ebay asking for dimensions on the base of the nozzle. Ive got an eye on a set for a BMW that look close to the base size of our own. Of coarse without having a dimension or size reference it is hard to be certain.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Heated washer nozzles. Anyone done this mod?

Post by ApproachMedium »

Interesting. I thought of that, the ones from my old 96 Jetta I thought were similar to the S10. My current GTI has them but they are actually mounted under the hood and shoot up from the top end of the hood. Its kinda neat, so the ice never sits on them in the first place. They are still heated though.

What about them lighted washer things? Could we use them as a reference? Didnt they sell them as sorta universal models for many cars?
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ