Roll Up Tonneau Cover

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Ezrollin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Roll Up Tonneau Cover

Post by Ezrollin »

The snap up tonneau cover on my 2003 is still usable but it's a pain to snap in cold weather. I don't like having to it take off and store everything if I want to carry something in the bed. Who makes a quality roll up type and is there a link so I can check out the operation since I'm not familiar with them?
plantone
Crew
Crew

Re: Roll Up Tonneau Cover

Post by plantone »

i had a truxsport truxedo put on mine. its a roll up with velcro closures. has its own support rods built into the roll up itself.
"Politics: The art of appearing candid and completely open while concealing as much as possible." - Frank Herbert

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries" - The French Fellows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'03 LS Crew Cab
Ezrollin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Ezrollin »

plantone wrote:i had a truxsport truxedo put on mine. its a roll up with velcro closures. has its own support rods built into the roll up itself.
Thanks, so with it rolled up you can use your bed for transporting items without harming the cover...taking reasonable care.
plantone
Crew
Crew

Post by plantone »

absolutely. when its rolled up, it flips up and will rest on the bulkhead and against the rear of the cab - completely out of the way of the bed itself.

i haul my 4 wheeler like that. i do put tire blocks in to prevent the brush guard from hitting the front rail of the tonneau cover, but thats a machine issue and not an interference issue with the front bulkhead. it just rides at that perfect height to clip it if i dont.
"Politics: The art of appearing candid and completely open while concealing as much as possible." - Frank Herbert

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries" - The French Fellows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'03 LS Crew Cab
Ezrollin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Ezrollin »

Thanks, sounds like the one I'm looking for...there's a lot of them out there...don't know the quality, it's always good to get an owners opinion.