What did you do to your Crew today?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: What did you do to your Crew today?

Post by ApproachMedium »

F9K9 wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:Yes sir you are correct! It just happend to work out that the seller and I were going to be around the same place at the same time.
You did well! My memory is failing but, I think those were originally over $500 new with shipping.
Thank you. :) I cant wait to get them on. It should keep my new rear door from getting banged up by shopping carts and idiots who dont know how to open their car doors LOL. It was suggested to me that I weld them to the frame maybe instead of bolting them on. What do you think? I am not too crazy about drilling thru a frame with 255k on it and possibly causing any frame integrity issues.

Anyhow, todays crew progress includes adding the temp sensor to the new headlight harness, done properly with a harness pin removal tool. No cuts splices or suitcase connectors! New right rear door from a donor Sonoma that was wrecked from the rear in Maine. Paint matched PERFECTLY. Fender was painted last week and final touches and trim were added. Old busted grille was re-installed with the crappy turn signals for now so I could be street legal to get it to the front end shop. Awaiting an alignment of the front end. My right side torson bar needs to be re-calibrated. The bolt looked like it was backed out way too far and the passenger side is sitting too low. Hopefully I get the good word on that tomorrow afternoon. For now here's the current progress pics!

Most of the major work is done now. The rest will be little touches of things added here and there. As soon as I get it home I can put the all chrome bumper on and begin modding n the full driver info center on my overhead console with Homelink. The only major work left needed to be done body wise is the cab corner needs to be pulled out and repaired and the passenger door dent. At that time the whole passenger side will need to be blended together. Stay tuned, more to come.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

ApproachMedium wrote:Stuffed these in to my GTI for it. Felt like I had 4 or 5 people in the car.

:lol:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

ApproachMedium wrote:It was suggested to me that I weld them to the frame maybe instead of bolting them on. What do you think? I am not too crazy about drilling thru a frame with 255k on it and possibly causing any frame integrity issues.

Reed, you welded your on didn't you? (pretty sure you did). and you ran into problems with the parking brake cable when you raised the bars for a bodylift correct? Welding them on in the location Chris set them up for should cause no problems servicing the E-brake ?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gocntry wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:It was suggested to me that I weld them to the frame maybe instead of bolting them on. What do you think? I am not too crazy about drilling thru a frame with 255k on it and possibly causing any frame integrity issues.

Reed, you welded your on didn't you? (pretty sure you did). and you ran into problems with the parking brake cable when you raised the bars for a bodylift correct? Welding them on in the location Chris set them up for should cause no problems servicing the E-brake ?
Chris, adjusted (raised) mine up for the BL. I did have to relocate my parking brake cable because of it. I added the welding in addition to the bolts on mine. If, pictures are needed let me know.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Pictures of the welding etc would be appreciated. :) Im trying to find out how I am going to get these things on if my friend at the body shop cant do it.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ApproachMedium wrote:Pictures of the welding etc would be appreciated. :) Im trying to find out how I am going to get these things on if my friend at the body shop cant do it.
Will try to get them posted tomorrow. Hang in there.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Thanks, no rush! I am in no rush to install these things yet either. The truck is still down the shore waiting on front end alignment.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Bumper Installed! Alignment complete, 4 ball joints, a pitman and idler arm later and this baby drives like a BRAND NEW CAR! I am blown away by how all these small things added up to making the thing such a t##d. No longer though!

Excuse the crooked bumper, I forgot to take the side supports off the old bumper so here it sits for the moment till they get installed. Waiting on the black non paint matched grille and to find a Sonoma hood.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Okay, here's the pics of the parking brake relocation and the attachment of the slider to a CC/ZR5 with a 2" BL. The first shows, that I need to redo and rethink the angle iron used to raise the e-brake cable. I need stronger material and have it welded due to the importance of that one point. All of the e-brake force is applied right there.

Don't do the same set up!!!!!!!!

Let me know if, you have any questions, suggestions or need more pics. I'm sorry that it took so long.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Just to add info to this..... here are the shots I could find of the sliders mounted under my crew without a bodylift.....

ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Thanks a lot guys! Hopefully i can get them mounted after this holiday rush is over. Work is insane this week. Looks like Americas Railroad may be busting yet another record for almost 10 years in a row.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

Hey I could weld those on for you, just let me know ;)
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Well then! I will be over next week after the holiday rush is done. My parents would like to see them gone from their yard and I would love to see them on my truck.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

Sounds good, I'm usually at the shop til 7pm or later.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Awesome, I dont wake up till about 4 or 5 PM anyways since I work over night.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

Got an oil change. :)
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Well with the help of AVTekk from After Hours Fabrication the custom sliders are now installed on my crew. The ride doesnt seem to have changed much even with the extra weight. It does seem to help a little in cornering with the added weight to lower my center of gravity. Though I was not testing that feature out to well today with the slick roads. :D

Prepping the frame for welding.
Installed!!
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

LOOKS GOOD.
JUST NEED A DAY TIME PIC.
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Ill try to get a daylight pic sometime this week. I work over night so its hard to do anything during the day lol. I really need to get some pics with my SLR camera instead of the cell phone.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:thumb:
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Found an issue with the sliders. The right side one the rear leg that attaches to the frame is too long. When I got out of work in the morning I looked at the passenger side of my truck and it looked so wrong. Its a little too long by about 1/4 inch. Lucky me I am told it can be fixed. So we will see what happens. Reid, did you need to do any modifications to yours? It was also found that the passenger side one is about 1/8th shorter than the driver side one overall length.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

Ant, I think there was far more difference in length, something like 1/2" between the two. They look good on there tho!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You two will be the only ones to know there is a difference. You can not see both sides at once :)
Don't start measuring the truck too closely. I think you would find quite a few things don't measure the same.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

:thumb: I bet those poor sliders are happy they finally found a home!

I don't remember them being that far off on my crew.... maybe my truck was crooked :lol:
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

HenryJ wrote:You two will be the only ones to know there is a difference. You can not see both sides at once :)
Don't start measuring the truck too closely. I think you would find quite a few things don't measure the same.
Well the passenger side when you look at it standing facing the side of it, its very clear that its not right. The truck did have frame damage that was repaired, and it would probably be quite a bit of a task to put it back on the frame machine and check the dimensions again. So one of these days we will get to fix it. You know the Marines said something about this, improvise, adapt and overcome? Well thats just what we will have to do to these sliders!

They do look good though, I love it.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

ApproachMedium wrote:...the passenger side when you look at it standing facing the side of it, its very clear that its not right. The truck did have frame damage that was repaired, and it would probably be quite a bit of a task to put it back on the frame machine and check the dimensions again. So one of these days we will get to fix it...
There are a couple sayings: "Live with it and be happy". :) An adaptation of that is used where I work: "Deal with it." :(

- ThunderII KE7CSK
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

HenryJ wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:...the passenger side when you look at it standing facing the side of it, its very clear that its not right. The truck did have frame damage that was repaired, and it would probably be quite a bit of a task to put it back on the frame machine and check the dimensions again. So one of these days we will get to fix it...
There are a couple sayings: "Live with it and be happy". :) An adaptation of that is used where I work: "Deal with it." :(
True, and there are plenty of things I am willing to deal with, like the engine which will eventually be replaced etc. But when I just threw 2 grand at the body and frame work and this is off as much as it is, it bothers me. I mean im not begging to have it fixed tomorrow but its on the list of things to do eventually. Its not causing a performance or function issue with the vehicle so until AVTekk has time to fix it for me I will just leave it the way it is. I understand that even if it is corrected its never going to be 100% perfect.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ApproachMedium wrote:...................Reid, did you need to do any modifications to yours? It was also found that the passenger side one is about 1/8th shorter than the driver side one overall length.
I didn't have any issues concerning length with mine. I do remember Chris telling me that I may have to "oblong" some of the holes for the ZR5 studs that are attached to the frame. I don't recall having to do that and I would remember something like that.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

F9K9 wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:...................Reid, did you need to do any modifications to yours? It was also found that the passenger side one is about 1/8th shorter than the driver side one overall length.
I didn't have any issues concerning length with mine. I do remember Chris telling me that I may have to "oblong" some of the holes for the ZR5 studs that are attached to the frame. I don't recall having to do that and I would remember something like that.

Ah ha, well that explains the oblonged holes on mine lol. Not that I was worried, since they got welded on. Here are the photos so others can see.

Passenger side
Driver side
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

Ya its pretty far off in the back. Let me know whens good for you man, I can fix it one night whenever.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Loosen up the cab bolts and shift the body. If you take measurements the cab may not be square on the frame?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

Na its perfect on the driverside so I wouldnt shift the body, just gotta cut that one peg down and weld it back together to get the pass side even.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Who in the H*ll is gonna notice? They can't see both sides at the same time. Fix the dents and then worry about the sliders. I've got two used half doors on the heep and no one has noticed that the interior trim is different colors :roflmao: .
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

HenryJ wrote:Loosen up the cab bolts and shift the body. If you take measurements the cab may not be square on the frame?

I was thinking that, but well see what measures out. the frame was straightend and I did have to move my rad support over. But shortening the mount rail most likely will need to happen either way as it sticks out. Oh well, it could be worse! I also know I need to loosen my bed and reseat it. The bed was put on when the frame was whacked, so i lined it up with a crooked truck thats also why that doesnt line up with the body lol.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

LOOKS GOOD TO ME
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Finally washed the body shop dust off it today! Ignore the crooked bumper, I still havent put the side brackets on because I dont have the proper tools at my place yet. The grille is crooked also, i cant figure out why other than its falling apart. Thats getting tossed and replaced as soon as the next round of funds arrives.

Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

looking good
keep up the progress.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I got ball joints put in yesterday. I will say that I shouldn't have been lazy and just done it myself. :crazy:
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

_STUCKY wrote:I got ball joints put in yesterday. I will say that I shouldn't have been lazy and just done it myself. :crazy:

Expensive? I just paid almost a grand to have all 4 of mine done, replaced with the MOOG ones from Napa, they installed my new idler and pitman and did an alignment.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Yea. Yesterday was expensive. All 4 ball joints were a little over $300. I don't have the part numbers, but I got the limited lifetime warranty Napa ones. Then the labor was $325. I have a Moog idler arm, but we did not put it on yet. I may go get a Moog pitman arm before the alignment that is scheduled for Friday and have them put both on.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

My idler and pitman were both the moog brand. The front end rides 100% better and handles better too. I thought I needed new shocks before but now, i def dont.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

i pulled teh tcase, tore it apart, replaced front splined output with a jeep yoke output,

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp15 ... /023-1.jpg

wire brushed the frame, and primed n painted

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp15 ... /003-1.jpg

and deleted my ABS

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp15 ... /006-1.jpg

haha ive been pretty busy wrenchin!
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Wanted to test fit my new center console today. Turns out it doesnt fit, cuz its for an Astro van maybe? or an older S10. Anyone want a brand new console?

With ripping my old one out, I cleaned up the dirt, wires etc that have been thrown around under and on the console over the years. A lot of "ill get to that later" turned in to "its done now". Re routed the wires for my bazooka power, my railroad mobile power and the speaker line back for the railroad radio. Looks way better now, though I still need a new console.

Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

Pics of the console? If it was from a 2nd gen s10, it should have fit no problem.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Its from a second gen but from one of the first ones. Took both out side by side and they are very different.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Idler and pitman arms both went on today. It will get an alignment in the morning. We noticed that the power steering pump is leaking just a little, so that is now on the to do list.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Forgot to post the other day I had the slider corrected on Monday. It looks great now, I will have to remember to get a picture in the daylight.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Drove it to NY to visit my friend from Denver who was home visiting fam for the holiday and after I got over the GWB I smelled gas. I figured its NY, peoples cars suck. Then after I got over the whitestone bridge, I smelled gas again. When I parked at the restaurant I found that my fuel tank was pumping fuel out of it on to the ground. It only leaks when the pump is running/primed. It mostly drips from directly under the fuel tank but I was able to trace the wet spots all the way back from where the fuel filter is.

Gonna have to wait till monday to get it on the ramps and inspect. I hate fuel leaks. I hope its just a failure at the filter if I need a new tank I may be devastated since they are extremely difficult to find.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

That's sux
Hope its an easy cheap fix.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

It never ends!

I find it funny that you thought, "Aw, no. It can't be my truck. It must be New York that smells like gas. Must be!" :lol:
ApproachMedium wrote:I figured its NY, peoples cars suck.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Went out Saturday morning to get a couple of things for Christmas, and found out that I only had high on my heater. After getting everything done, it was off to Auto Zone to get a new resistor for the blower motor. Ended up changing it out in front of the store withe their tools. I'd like to meet the engineer that decided to put these things under the lip of the cowl, which makes it a PITA to change.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

rlrnr53 wrote:Went out Saturday morning to get a couple of things for Christmas, and found out that I only had high on my heater. After getting everything done, it was off to Auto Zone to get a new resistor for the blower motor. Ended up changing it out in front of the store withe their tools. I'd like to meet the engineer that decided to put these things under the lip of the cowl, which makes it a PITA to change.

Oh come on we all know GM has only the best world class engineers!

In other news, Merry Christmas all! I got tools for christmas, so now I can finally fix the fuel leak in the crew. That will be this week.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

They might be world class, but a lot of them lack common sense.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Stuffed it in the garage today with the rear axle on ramps so I can lower the tank this weekend or next week. Its quite the funny sight as the truck fits in the garage by a hair.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I found it easier to have the axle hang and it up on stands. Wishing you luck and no skinned knuckles!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

I may have to do that. I do not have a jack or jack stands at the moment. I have a feeling I am going to need to go buy one. It would probably be easier to do it that way, so then I could just pull it in forward instead of backing it in, then jack it up and work on it from the side with more space. The fuel tank right now is on the side up against the wall so I have to be laying under the darn thing to do any of the work.

Now im thinking this was a bad idea, Looks like ill be heading to the store this weekend for jackstands.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jack stands are pretty inexpensive. Wally World has a pair for $27
A floor jack will be quite a bit more.
I have had an older inexpensive one for years. It looks similar to this one- Wally World jack Still does the job.
Since then I picked up a NAPA "Fast and Furious" Low rider jack. It looks like this one:

Works great. Those are my home tools :)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Nice. I actually already own a big 3 ton jack from back when I had a Suburban. The problem is its at my parents, and it probably wont work well in this garage. For now ill buy a smaller one for me and then trade with my dad later when the major issues are taken care of.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

ApproachMedium wrote:Nice. I actually already own a big 3 ton jack from back when I had a Suburban.
You are all set then. Open the door, Jack it up and then close the door :)

The jack stands will be a very good investment.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Indeed. I always wondered what they were good for when I was younger, my dad used to have 4. Then I had the suburban up on them so I could do undercarrage work, and then realized their ultimate value.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Just make sure you get some beefy jackstands. There is a thread on pirate where the guy was pounding on the bottom of the transmission tunnel with a sledge to make more room for his transfer case. He had it up on 4 jackstands. It shifted and fell on him and hurt his back pretty badly. This was just a few months ago, if that. I've been pretty cautious since then with jackstands. I wouldn't trust ramps either, there was a guy just down the road that had a car on ramps and was under it while the ramps folded. His wife found him there, too late. That was maybe 2 years ago. Just be careful...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/chevy/10 ... build.html
Page 4 post #79
:rant:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'd suggest not using a sledge hammer to make more room while supported on jack stands. :) Darwinism?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

A moderate gust of wind blew my heep off of jack stands and into my wife's WJ. No injuries, just a $2,400 lesson.

ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Yea, I would never do something so stupid. I am just using the stands to remove a fuel tank, no heavy banging or shifting involved. My dad always keeps the jack under the truck along with the stands as a back up measure incase one fails, the jack is there too.

Theres a good reason ramps have a loading weight maxium. I would never overload the ramps with a vehicle that is too heavy.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

HenryJ wrote: :) Darwinism?
Perhaps. :lol:
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

_STUCKY wrote:
HenryJ wrote: :) Darwinism?
Perhaps. :lol:
^ The main problem with that kind of thinking is, the link is still missing.
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Got it back last week from having the fuel leak fixed and had the rag joint replaced with the universal joint at the same time. Took it back today and had the steering corrected, it was slightly off. Swapped the #3 plug on its bi-annual basis as I have been doing for the past 3 years and was inspired when I got home to finally put the bumper backets on so the new bumper is finally not sagging. I also was inspired to replace the blender switch finally because last week I took it for a ride down to my parents and realized it was now stuck in hot face mode, and was not blowing on the floor at all. Still have a slight vac leak somewhere because under heavy acceleration I loose the re circulation door in max AC. At least now my feet will be warm and my face wont be burning up LOL.

Also checked the power steering fluid the other day and found it wasnt even showing up on the dipstick. Topped it off and now I dont get that weird feeling when I cut hard left or right as if the diff cable hasnt fully released. So looks like it was the PS fluid all along and nothing to do with my 4x4. Thankfully!

I think I am ready for the snow storm this weekend. Bring it on!
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

ApproachMedium wrote:I think I am ready for the snow storm this weekend. Bring it on!
Looks like your going to get plenty of it! :lol: This should be a good test for your CC!

Steve
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

i dug my out of 24" of snow sunday
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Now that the warmer weather is here, its time for some fun again. Added this in today and now its really has some VRRRRRROOOOOM to it. Thanks to KillianSS for the like brand new air box and K&N! Now if I can get that Magnaflow installed.

Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ApproachMedium wrote:Now that the warmer weather is here, its time for some fun again. Added this in today.........
Looks good!
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Drove it yesterday with all the windows open for the first time since last year, it was 65 out. That intake now really roars I love it! Pickup on to the highway is very responsive and before you know it, its doing 90mph. I need to be careful. :)
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Finally got my LED interior package for the truck from PerformanceLEDs. Shawn normally does VWs and Audi's specifically but since I loved the quality of his products that I put in my GTI I had him give me some things for the crew that really make it shine. Literally. Horrible cell phone pics to follow, gonna try and get some good ones with my SLR later this week!

Elite Series overhead light. Just as bright as stock and nice and white! 6000K

6SMD interior LEDs in the gauge cluster at full brightness. Photo does not do it justice!

Same LEDs at full dim setting, the way I like it.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

the leds look good