The Old Forum

Forum rules, questions, How-to's for posting pictures and making links, etc..

Moderator: HenryJ

a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

The Old Forum

Post by a2b »

The Old forum does exist and i am not going to erase it. It has lots of info on it. So if you wanna search it, just go to http://www.voy.com/88652/ and you read all the post there. But please to dont reply to any post or make any new post. Just reply here concerning those post, thanks - hobie :mrgreen:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There were very few of us at first. Seems like half a dozen were all that ever posted on the old forum. Once we moved to this format I "took over" and started keeping some stats:
11/8/02 Stats=
Number of posts: 527
Posts per day: 14.04
Number of topics: 102
Topics per day: 2.72
Number of users: 30
Users per day: 0.80
It sure was frustrating when it seemed like there was only a couple posts per day back then.

Considering the average person rarely keeps a vehicle longer than three years, it is amazing how many above average members we have here

I plan to be around for quite a while. I have five vehicles that I have owned for over ten years, the longest being the HenryJ which I have owned for 25 years now.
So far Bennie's server has turned out to be the BEST that we have ever been on and as long as He is willing we we be here THANK YOU Melloyellow!

Now that the S-series line has been discontinued, sometimes I wonder how long before the numbers here decline? There will probably be a time where we gain as used vehicles hit the market and are affordable for a younger buyer, but I fear that they may not be as interested in them. 90% of the people I see driving crew cabs around here are ... shall we say AARP members...I am really surprised to see a driver that appears to be under the age of 50. Most of these older drivers may not be as interested in computers or modding crews. There are exceptions to this of course Wink I'm not mentioning names though

I hope that with or without my influence here that this forum will continue to prosper. I have gained a huge amount of information from the members here and love the free exchange of information.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

a2b wrote:for those of you who are interested:

the site began back in the spring of 2002. i think it was feb. unfortunately i dont have any of the original banners or grfx that was on it but it was titled:

"hobie's crewcab"

the site was just about my truck and what i planned on doing with it.

then i met steve on zr2.com.

i made a link on my page to "other crewcabs"

then i met brule.

him and steven had pictures of their trucks on my site.

then i thought, well lets just open this up to everyone.

so i renamed the site "s-10/sonoma crewcab owners site".

i used free space from a friend and i used a redirect for a url.

then i used a free forum a http://www.voy.com/88652/

me steven, and brule, jim, paul and john and kurt did most of the posting back then.

then i got some free space and tried to get us on a better forum. i failed at it a few times because the free servers didnt allow much bandwidth.

meanwhile, i kept updating the mods page and members page and what not. i stopped making member pages because i didnt have the time as i just bought a house and i didnt have internet access for a while and because i got locked out of our server for months. it ran, but i couldnt get access to anything Rolling Eyes

then brule found some free space and got us onto a good forum software package. but it was free and sometimes it would go down. that was in late 2002.

meanwhile, steven traded his truck in and others came and went like warn and stuff. i traded mine in.

then bennie came along and he hosted the site for us and got us the url. and things have been good ever since. once we got on bennies server, brule got access to the site and started managing things.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:cheers: :nana: :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

:cheers: And a big thank you! :D

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Thanks to everbody who make this site what it is.
Last edited by 04crewvt on Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Although, I agree with you wholeheartedly the bowing smiley is like someone's finger nails on a blackboard :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

How bout this then: ImageImage
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I really didn't mean to start a round of back slapping here :lol: I was cleaning out the NOS forum and nearly deleted the information in two of those posts. It was too late to save the thread , so I copy/pasted two of the posts.

Gotta save the history :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Well, I am back slapping at the moment but, there have been a few times I wanted to........Image
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

I've only been around about a month, but in that short time I've learned a lot about my crew. Thanks for all the info, and keep it coming. With over 75K on my slightly used crew, I'm going to need all the help I can get. Again, thanks to all wo contribute inn every way.
bgs
Regular
Regular

Re: The Old Forum

Post by bgs »

I'm always late to the party. My old ride is a 92 and not a Crew Cab, but I plan on keeping it
as long as I can because I don't want or need a new vehicle. I would like a late CC or Jimmy,
but when money is tight, you do what you do to get by. I realize this post is posted 13 and the
last was 06, but better late than never and this site along with other s10 sites help me keep
my old Sonoma going....So thank you for the forums here and others on line.
Bob