Posting a Picture and Fitting a picture into an Avatar.

Forum rules, questions, How-to's for posting pictures and making links, etc..

Moderator: HenryJ

banks88
Regular
Regular

Posting a Picture and Fitting a picture into an Avatar.

Post by banks88 »

I am a newbie to this website. I am trying to figure all of this out. I am wondering how to post pictures and get my Avatar as my truck. I do not know how to do any of this.Thanks for the help.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Posting a Picture and Fitting a picture into an Avatar.

Post by 04crewvt »

Try this link to follow instruction on uploading a photo for your Avatar. You will need to make sure the image is sized correctly on your computer using whatever photo editing program you have.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Good luck.. I gave up..
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Where are you having an issue? Resizing? Uploading? what have you tried that is not working? Let us know and someone will be able to help you out.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I can not get a piture small enough for an avatar. I use my avatar on another forum without any problems but it won't work here.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Send me the photo you want as your Avatar by PM attachment, I will re-size and send it back to you if you would like.
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Thanks... Let me try it..
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I can't get that to work eather...
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

try clicking the email link under my post and send directly to me. Put s10 crewcab avatar in subject line
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Just for information let us know what type a system you are using. OS, browser, antivirus or spyware software info, maybe there is an issue there.
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Vista and mcAfee security..
banks88
Regular
Regular

Post by banks88 »

I have tried resizing mine also. I still have trouble getting the avatar to load. What else could I try?
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Take a look at the Avatar link again if you have not already done so, HenryJ added a better how to post on what to do to re-size and post avatar. If that does not work do as I suggested above, either PM or email me the photo you want to use and I will make it the right size and send it back to you. All you will need to do then is upload and set as preference.
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

I hate to comment on an old thread, but for anyone trying to resize their pictures, there is a good download called picasa from google that works really well. Its a free download and great for editing pictures.
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

nebby58 wrote:I hate to comment on an old thread, but for anyone trying to resize their pictures, there is a good download called picasa from google that works really well. Its a free download and great for editing pictures.

Agreed. I use Picasa alot for general photo management. Very nice, free app. :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Yes. Very simple. I don't know a lot about computers, but all you have to do is resize to 150 pixels (forum rule) and export it to a folder. It works with all photos! :)
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family