Missing pictures and broken links

Forum rules, questions, How-to's for posting pictures and making links, etc..

Moderator: HenryJ

mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Missing pictures and broken links

Post by mars2878 »

Pics don't work.

Any chance on getting them fixed??
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Column to Floor Shifter mod.

Post by HenryJ »

mars2878 wrote:Pics don't work.

Any chance on getting them fixed??
Pictures from the "s-10crewcab.com/coppermine" albums were all lost when Bennie went MIA. They are not recoverable. Check the image url and if you see that in the url, you will know they are lost forever.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

It was worth a shot.

You were able to fix a link in another section, so I figured I give it another try.

Thanks anyways.
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

mars2878 wrote:It was worth a shot.

You were able to fix a link in another section, so I figured I give it another try.

Thanks anyways.
Links with S-10crewcab.com are, most times repairable. Those are just number linked to forums in the database that we did recover. It is the Coppermine photo gallery that was lost all together.

When Bennie went MIA we lost all that was S-10CREWCAB.com. Walt stepped up and offered to host a new forum for us. Unfortunately the .com DNS was still held by Bennie. So were all the files on his computer.

Using my back up we were able to recover the data. Keep in mind that after nearly a decade the amount of data collected was staggering. At the time I did not have high speed service available. Backing up all the images was not possible. Sadly we lost the majority. I did have quite a bit saved on mine and did my best to put back what I had and could find.

Nothing was saved from Coppermine and we were lucky not to lose more than a few weeks worth of the database. The whole site and all the information was very close to being lost.

It has been a very long time now since I have offered the advice, but please copy, save and store any information here that you value. We are fortunate to have been up for as long as we have been and you never know when it might just suddenly disappear.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

HenryJ wrote:...suddenly disappear.

:x Don't say such terrible things! :D

But seriously, I hope that doesn't happen. I'm constantly looking for things to do to my truck to improve its function. Without this site, I probably wouldn't have bought the thing. I found this site before I found my truck! :thumb:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Missing pictures and broken links

Post by HenryJ »

If you want to dig backward a very long way a couple of the old sites still exist:

S-10CREWCAB.COM - myfreefroums site
S-10CrewCab.com Voyforums archive

Our original website: S-10crewcab.com (bestbuddies) and its page that we saved here: S-10CREWCAB website
Pictures from our original gallery are here: CrewCab.2ya.com Main Photo Gallery

I am not sure when CrewCab.2ya.com fit in the timeline. The Lifelesspeople server and the school server in china fit in somewhere too.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Missing pictures and broken links

Post by F9K9 »

I know that it sounds ridiculous but, this site has saved me in so many ways that would boggle your mind. Save the info on the things that you might need in the future. Thank Brule, Walt, Benie and so many others that have passed through here throughout the years. It has been an excellent forum but, I fear that there are dark days ahead of us all and nothing is "forever".
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]