FNG/NUB

Forum rules, questions, How-to's for posting pictures and making links, etc..

Moderator: HenryJ

ThunderCrow

FNG/NUB

Post by ThunderCrow »

New to the forum, lots of great information and suggestions.

About myself, on the Gulf Coast, have an 03 stock, runs pretty well, overall for the past 5yrs a love hate relationship. She has the G80 with the 3.73 gears, so weak gas mileage. 126000 miles. Rebuilt transmission, engine gasket job. Feels like a thousand small things replaced and re-replaced (GMs good idea fairy on these front ends, replaced everything twice. Lesson learned, use MOOG only. Thanks GM.) Looking to keep her running and use 'er in some towing and daily driver until kaput.

One question off the bat, and y'all can point me where to look if you don't mind, when 4wd is engaged we only have one wheel pulling? If this is so, how might one fix this...

Thanks for all the tips you committed members! Hooyah!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: FNG/NUB

Post by HenryJ »

No way to lock the stock front end. Some gentle finesse with the brakes can nudge one over the other a little.

I found the tall skinnies helped my mileage with the same gearing.

Not much action around here anymore, but a few diehards are still around. Enjoy :wave:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

I've got the 3.73's as well. They really aren't that bad. Gives the extra umph for towing though. Welcome aboard.
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Welcome to the board.
You can buy a locker for your front axle but for cost and labor to install I don't think it would be worth it. plus all the stress on your aluminum diff your just asking to destroy your diff plus all the extra traction would put more strain on are already weak steering set up. 3 wheels turning should be enough for mild off roaring or street use.s