Has anyone replaced cab corners?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Has anyone replaced cab corners?

Post by Lil-j »

If any of you have replaced cab corners on these trucks, where did you get them from?

I live up in north east ohio, so lots of road salt in the winter. And time is taking its toll and I'm noticing more and more cancer on the truck. Both rear cab corners need replaced when the weather warms up. So does anyone kmow where I can get new cab corners for the crew cabs, or is there something else that fits?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Has anyone replaced cab corners?

Post by HenryJ »

The back of the cab should be the same as the standard and extended cab trucks. The front 3/4 is Blazer.
LMCtruck.com would be a good place to start.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Ok, been searching since I posted this question. Extended cab corners wont work, too big. Regular cab might, just not sure of the length...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-S10-Picku ... bb&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-2003-S-10- ... 71&vxp=mtr

Extended cab corners are too long, go figure. The regular can corners dont look far off, see here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGBZ_sf_e-4
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I don't think you will find one that includes the lip into the door jamb and fits perfectly. You are going to have to modify that to fit from what is available.

Our cab was made from the back of a standard cab added to the front of a Blazer. It was not a perfect fit at the body assembly section. Pick one with enough material to work with and form it to your application. The standard cab might be close, but make sure you have enough material to work with. The main thing is to have the bodyline profile right. The rest you can make work if you have enough material.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

All this is why I'm trying to see if anyone has already done this. I dont want to spend time and money to see if it works or not.
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

Just find a std cab truck and measure it. It might be too long as well, and if it is, simply cut and weld right at the outside edge instead inside. It will be just as easy to do.

In my experience tho, if the cab corners are gone then the rest of the truck wont be too far behind so it may not be worth it to repair.
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

I usually get mine from the j/y. bigger pc, less $. then cut to fit my spot.
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

I'm in pretty much the same boat... my cab corner on the drivers side and rocker up to where it is bonded to the main rocker are starting to rust. I think I may take it somewhere to have it professionally done at though. I am not a body guy and the time I would have invested into it to have it rust out in a year or two isn't worth it if I can get someone good to do it. Truck only has 90k and want to keep it as long as my old one w/ 235k and climbing still during the winter.